Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 2 of the Trip to ?

Day 2 has been WAY better than day 1 for weather! No rain and coolish temps! Perfect for riding. In order to get somewhere today, I stayed west bound on I-90. I stopped in Belle Fourche, SD. I'm at my favorite campground, Wyatt's Hideaway.

On the way here, I stopped at the Travel Center (AKA rest stop) at the Missouri River.

No trip through South Dakota would be complete without a stop at the worlds largest tourist trap... Wall Drug. Not much has changed since the last time I was there 10 or so years ago.

I also took a little detour into the Black Hills. I rode down Spearfish Canyon. Bridal Veil Falls was flowing nicely.

At Wyatt's, I set up my tent close to our usual Sturgis Rally spot.


As I type this, heavy dark clouds have moved in, but no rain yet... Oh Snowball, the campground Cat says hello, but wouldn't stand still long enough to get her picture taken.




11 comments:

  1. Go Erik Go! A perfect trip where you can't get lost, be late or miss a stop.

    I'll be watching and traveling west with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy, long, solo, no-plans kind of trips. Can't get lost, can never be late!

      Delete
  2. Erik:

    You out ran the rain. Looks like you are into good weather now.

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be checking the weather for today. I hope my luck hold out!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you're almost 1% of the way there. Have a great trip!

    Always saw the signs but never stopped at Wall's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You didn't miss much by not stopping. Think the worlds largest gift shop... If there's a way to put "Wall Drug" on something and sell it, they've thought of it!... Interesting to see, but once you've seen it, it's probably not something to see again.

      Delete
  4. Good to see the green beast out on the road again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a much needed trip! It feels good to be back in the saddle.

      Delete
  5. Nice to see you got some good weather. Still wondering where your going to end up going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure..... I have no plans other than west.

      Delete
  6. Poisonous snake? Good thing you had riding boots on. I'd be sticking to the tarmac if I saw that.

    Glad the weather improved. I bet Snowball could smell your kitties on your gear so she had to check you out.

    ReplyDelete